Earlier this year, Arup conducted two travel surveys for the Our Hospital Project. Here is a summary of the key findings:
• 769 responses were received from two groups: 454 from staff and 315 from patients/visitors
• Most staff-respondents currently travel by car: 42% to Jersey General Hospital (JGH) and 81% to Overdale Hospital
• 50% of staff intend to travel to the planned, new hospital at Overdale by car in future • Most patients/visitors currently travel by car: 45% to JGH and 67% to Overdale
• 79% of patients/visitors intend to travel to the planned, new hospital at Overdale by car in future
• For car users, 62% of JGH and 42% of Overdale patients/visitors stated that no interventions would encourage them to travel to OHP by a more sustainable transport mode
The Our Hospital Project team would like to thank all those Islanders who participated in the survey. The results will further inform the design team’s work to provide a suitable and greener route to and from the new hospital.