We are pleased to update Islanders on our plans which will ensure that the construction of the new hospital can commence in a timely manner (subject to planning permission being granted) and be operational before the end of 2026.
The planning application to demolish existing buildings and structures on the Overdale Hospital site has been submitted and is supported by the following documentation, which has been agreed with the Government of Jersey (GoJ):
• Completed application forms
• OHP Site location plan
• Photographic survey of the existing buildings on the OHP Site
• Demolition Construction Phase Plan
• Asbestos Management Plan
• Demolition Traffic Management Plan
• Planning Statement
• Statement of Community Involvement
• Heritage Statement
• Tree Schedule and Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS)
• Preliminary Ecology Appraisal (PEA) and Bat Survey Results Report
• Noise and Vibration Assessment
• Archaeological Appraisal
• Building Condition Report
• Land & Access Road Geotechnical Desk Study and Contaminated Land Summary
• Site Waste Management Plan
All documentation will be available to review on the GoJ planning register in due course.
The application will soon be determined by GoJ in accordance with the Planning and Building (Jersey) Law 2002.